Here are the numbers. I can show you how I’m different for the average agent and with my experience and marketing skills help you achieve your goals.
NAR Membership Statistics
Members to date: 1,334,668 as of July 2018
- 65% percent of REALTORS® are licensed as sales agents, 21% hold broker licenses, and 15% hold broker associate licenses.
- The typical REALTOR® is a 54 year old white female who attended college and is a homeowner.
- 63% of all REALTORS® are female, and the median age of all REALTORS® is 54.
- Real estate experience of all REALTORS® (median): 10 years
- Median tenure at present firm (all REALTORS®): 4 years
- Most REALTORS® worked 40 hours per week in 2017.
- The median gross income of REALTORS® was $39,800 in 2017, a decrease from $42,500 in 2016.
- Formal education of REALTORS®:
- Some college: 30%
- Bachelor’s degree: 30%
- Graduate degree and above: 13%
- Associate degree: 13%
- Some graduate school: 6%
- High school graduate: 8%
- REALTOR® affiliation with firms:
- Independent contractor: 86%
- Employee: 5%
- Other: 9%
Statistics on REALTORS® and Technology
- 27% of agents and 21% of brokers spent between $501 – $2,000 on technology in the last 12 months.
- The top three tools that respondents plan on purchasing or replacing in the next year are: iPad (16%); Smartphone (15%); and digital camera (12%).
- The most frequently used operating system is Windows 7 (38%).
- The most popular smartphones are iPhone (52%), Android OS (45%), Blackberry (3%).
- 91% of REALTORS® use social media to some extent.
- The top places where REALTORS® place their listings are realtor.com®, Zillow and Trulia.